I know you want to know what I have learned after all those hours of Food Network

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Potato Salad

Today I decided to try to kick up some potato salad. Let's say that it wasn't exactly a success in my book. Before I decided what I was going to do, I browsed several recipes and took from all of them what I thought may be good, then made my own:

1 lb potatoes
1/4 c sour cream
1/2 c mayonnaise
2 tsp yellow mustard
3 TBLS pickle juice
1/4 c chopped celery
1/8 c chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt

Boil potatoes whole with skin on until fork tender. Drain off hot water, then cover with cold water and let cool. while they are cooling, mix together all other ingredients in a bowl. Dice the potatoes to your desired size, then add them to the dressing by folding in gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

It just needed more seasoning (salt and pepper both) and a little more mustard for my taste. The sour cream leaves a different tang, but it is good. I will probably make it again, but be more diligent to taste the dressing before adding the potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment