I know you want to know what I have learned after all those hours of Food Network

Monday, April 4, 2011

Banana Cake


It happens all the time, at my house at least! Bananas getting too ripe for consumption. So what do we do? Throw them away, freeze them, maybe even make banana bread. Well, I decided that I wanted to make a cake. All the recipes that I found (using SwagBucks to search of course) used an ingredient or 2 that I don't have in my house. I knew though, that I had everything for banana bread. That is what we did! I found this recipe:
BANANA BREAD
1 c. sugar
1 c. butter
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
1/2 c. walnuts (optional)
Mix in order given. Put in greased loaf pans.

Bake at 350° for about 1 hour. Allow 24 hours before cutting.


Then I needed a simple icing..... I used this Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe. Yes, you will see in my picture that mine is a bit lumpy. I was too lazy to bust out my Bosch and I don't have a hand mixer yet. I think that this will be my next purchase :)

1 comment: