I know you want to know what I have learned after all those hours of Food Network

Monday, April 4, 2011

Kicking up grilled chicken


Tonight the menu called for grilled chicken. I usually just use some Seasoned Salt or something to season it, but I wanted something a little more... fancy.

I made a marinade with the following:

1/4 c. BBQ sauce (I will use 1/3 c next time!)
1/4 c. zesty Italian dressing
The zest and juice of one lime
the zest and juice of one orange (I will use half an orange next time!)
2 TBLS chopped dehydrated onions
1 clove chopped garlic

I let it marinade in the fridge for about 2 hours, then cooked it up on my griddle. It would have probably been better on the grill, but it is only 45 degrees here, so I am NOT down with that today.

It was really good served with a fresh tossed salad on the side (chopped romaine, carrots, and celery)

No comments:

Post a Comment