I know you want to know what I have learned after all those hours of Food Network

Friday, June 27, 2014

Gluten Free

It has been a very long time since I posted for several reasons. I started a full time job and forgot how much fun cooking is. I have been very tired with all of my illnesses in flair and just trying to figure out what they all are. And part of that is that I have gone gluten free do to an intolerance thought to be Celiac Disease. The only thing that makes me not just outright say I have Celiac Disease is that I didn't opt to have a biopsy. I don't need it to know that either way, gluten free has been very helpful for me.

In gluten free cooking I have a few philosophies that I like to use:
1. Food shouldn't cost more because we remove wheat, rye, and barley
2. Fresh is best, but I will still find processed foods if I need them
3. My cooking methods weren't broke, so for the most part, they didn't change.
4. Before you overhaul everything, think of how many things you make that are already gluten free

Over the next few weeks, I will rewrite gluten free versions of each of the recipes that I have posted. Looking back, some of them were already gluten free which is awesome. I will also post about what my favorite gluten free finds have been, as well as some mainstream foods that are gluten free that were super exciting for me to find. Be ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment