I know you want to know what I have learned after all those hours of Food Network

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Banana Cake, gluten free style!

Remember when I made banana cake here? Well, this is an easy recipe to fix if you buy a flour mix. They are expensive, but it is easier than trying to make your own. I haven't yet mastered my own blend, but when I do, rest assured this will be the first place I post about it.

Here is the edited version. If I am feeling the hankering for cake this week, I will make it and take photos, otherwise, rest assured it looks about the same as the other one ;)

1 c. sugar
1 c. butter
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour (rather than all purpose wheat flour, I use a blend like Cup 4 Cup, found in the gluten free section of the store)
1/2 c. walnuts (optional)
Mix in order given. Put in greased loaf pans.
Bake at 350° for about 1 hour. Allow 24 hours before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment