I know you want to know what I have learned after all those hours of Food Network

Monday, May 9, 2011

Creative cooking on a budget

So, about a week ago, my friend Jennifer G. moved into her own place. The situation being what it was, she didn't have a pan or money to buy one until she gets paid again. She was just sooo sick of eating foods that can be cooked in the microwave, and she really craving a grilled cheese sandwich. She asked me if I thought that tin foil would work. Since she has an electric stove, I thought that it would be a good plan, and encouraged her to try it. Here is what she did:

Place tinfoil over a unit with the heat on medium. Butter the bread on the outsides and put a slice of cheese on the inside. Place the buttered surface on the hot tin foil and let cook until golden:

Turn the sandwich and let cook on the other side as well. It may not be perfect, but it is a creative way to cook when you don't have a pan....moving day perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment