I know you want to know what I have learned after all those hours of Food Network

Friday, May 6, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

One of our family's favorite dinners is chicken enchiladas. I don't make it much, but I am not sure why since it is so easy and delish! Here is what you need:

1/2 to 3/4 of a pound of chicken (cut into small cubes)
1 can green chili's (optional)
1 jalapeno, cut into a small dice (optional)
2 TBLS sour cream
2 regular sized (or 1 family sized can) of cream of chicken soup
8 tortillas (this time I used 7 because I was missing one...oh well)
2 to 3 cups of shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
*NOTE* (NOT PICTURED) 1 lime, both the zest and the juice (optional). I decided to add this to the filling this time and it was a hint of amazingness....

To start, you will put some oil in the pan with you jalapenos and let them start to saute. I also add onion flakes for flavor. This is what it looks like in the pan:

Once the jalapenos start to cook (they will become a rich green and you will start to smell them) then you add the chicken (I season my chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder) to the pan as well as the can of green chilis. (This is where I zested my lime and added the juice). Saute until the chicken is cooked through. This is is what you will be looking at:


After the chicken is cooked, you will add about half of one of the cans of cream of chicken soup to the pan and 1 TBLS of the sour cream. Mix it all together and you have your filling. This is what it looks like:


Here is a picture step by step on how to fill your enchiladas: (if you have questions, comment and I will let you know more details, but I think that the picture explains...)


Place the tortillas in a baking dish. I would have preferred one smaller than what I used last night, but it worked okay, and it was what I had!

To make your sauce, you will used the last can and a half of cream of chicken soup, the remaining TBLS of sour cream, and 2 TBLS milk. Wisk them together:


Pardon the sideways picture, but you will dump the sauce over the rolled enchilada's in your pan:


Top with the remaining cheese:


Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and the enchilada's are hot thought:

Soooo delish! Enjoy your adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment